Cant remove favorites file from the resource browser.

magic1900

Question

I use the favorites section in the resource browser. but I have a file that i no longer use and every time i try to remove it I get this message

"The selected favorite could not be removed because it is not in the User Data and Preferences folder. Use the Explorer to remove workgroup favorites."

I can not figure out how to do this. Can you help?

2 answers to this question

If the Favorite file is saved in your user folder, then you can remove it from inside VW.

If the Favotrie file is stored in a Workgroup folder, you have to use Windows Explorer or Mac Finder to remove the file.

Go to Vectorworks Preferences, select the Workgroup folder and click the Reveal button. This should open a window showing the Workgroup folder.

Open the folder, then Libraries, then Favorites.  Select the file you want and delete it per your normal operating system method (Mac Drag to trash).

The next time you restart VW that favorite will not show up any more.  Actually you may not need to restart. Try clicking the Gear icon in the Resource Manager and choosing Refresh Libraries.

HTH