Bugs

VectorWorks 8.5.1 and Renderworks user

The VectorWorks programmers

Just by reading the forums it seems that you guys don't ever test your products before any release. All versions are always released with major defects. What the hell is the problem? This is one of the reasons why I am holding off from upgrading.

Another is because features that where mentioned in the VW8 manuals that were not included in VW8 then, I would think would be included in the next release, viz. fog and atmosphere. Just as a note to users, a few features that are included in the Lightworks classic rendering engine are not included in RenderWorks 9. WHY?

I have also seen all the new features mentioned in VW9 & RW9 and there isn't any notable upgrade feature. Most of the upgrades

from version 8 are minor. Anyway that's the way I feel but whom am I to

talk.

Shaun

Shaun,

I've been useing VWA9 and RW9 for a month now, and although there are problems, the benefits are tremendous. RW9 is far faster and more versitile the RW8. For the price range ($300 new, $90 upgrade I think) it is the best rendering package available. If you need distance blur and atmosphere than form Z (at around $3500 with radiosity) is better suited for your needs.

Good Luck

[This message has been edited by MikeB (edited 05-24-2001).]