Persistent "None" Class

Michal Zarzecki

Question

Hi guys,

I was hoping someone could help me out with this issue I am experiencing in relation to the class "None".

When creating objects originally, I had None used as an active class. It had pen set to blue, to easily spot any geometry that was not assigned to proper end-classes. And now, I can't get rid of that blue colour from anywhere, even though I have already changed pen settings in None to be black and fill to be none or solid white - nothing helped. Any advice how to change it now?

1442706010_Screenshot2022-06-23at19_56_26.thumb.png.e9c3305adc35788a2d5a790fc0595ff9.png

7 answers to this question

Did you have the Pen and Fill Color set to Blue or did you have them set to Class Color and then the attributes for None set to Blue?

If you have the attributes of an object set to ByClass then when you change the class the attributes will change.

If the attributes are set on a per instance basis, you will have to select the objects and manually change the attributes, changing the class is not enough.

Does this explain it well enough?

Hi @Pat Stanford, yes it exlains it well enough - but the problem must be elsewhere. 

I pen and fill were set to By Class. I changed all that, as mentioned above, but the problem persists.

What's more, whenever I create a solid 3D object (like Hardscape set to Slab or steps), they become blue. Even the textures get a blue tint. Even though blue is not used in class definition 🤷‍♂️.

Make sure you are setting the defaults.  Click in a blank area of the drawing and make sure that the OIP does not show any selected objects. Then set the Attributes the way you want the defaults. All new objects should use those settings. I have often thought I was changing the defaults but still had an object selected so I was only changing that object.

47 minutes ago, Michal Zarzecki said:

Even the textures get a blue tint

Are you saying, for example, the bricks in your screenshot aren't supposed to be blue at all? If so, then yes it sounds like some other bigger issue.

You could try attaching the file and we can see if it looks the same on our computers, or perhaps help figure out what's causing it.

When I was preparing the file for you, I found the culprit. It was Heliodon. Its class was in fact set to no fill, but the "Set at creation" box was not ticked. When I set it to solid, the blue colour popped up as default. I set it to white and now everything is as it should be.

Thank you both for your time with this.

• Like 1

How pesky! Glad you were able to make it work.

Edit: I just filed a wishlist item to improve Heliodons so that its Attributes Palette behaves more like it does for other Light objects, where the Fill can only be set to Solid. Along with this, the 2D text attributes should be unlinked from the Attributes Palette and should come from the Symbol definition instead. Right now, the Attributes Palette Fill simultaneously controls the color of the text background AND the light output, which is confusing.

Edited by Andy Broomell
  • Like 2