Transparent objects using shaded solid rendering

cherbst

I have a multilayer file with two linked layers (house view and neighborhood view). Each layer renders fine. The whole house link renders fine as well. However, when I switch to the neighborhood view, all of the objects are semi-transparent. Usually switching back and forth between wireframe and shaded solid fixes up any problems, but not here. I'm running VW 8.52 on Windows NT.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

--Carl

What kind of video card(s), processor and amount of memory are you running? Could be that your "neighborhood view" taxes the video portion of your setup - current 3Dfx (RIP) cards such as the Voodoo 5, nVidea's GeForce cards, and ATI Radeon, are able to support "stressful" renderings, reflections, transparencies, etc. I use Macs, but the results should be similar - I however have noticed that my Voodoo cards provide better response/results, and will be upgrading one of my current ATI G4 Macs to the upcoming nVidea GeForce 3 that was shown in Tokyo last week - apparently this will be the card "to beat" for the next year of so... All my machines are running a minimum of 256mb of PC100/133 memory, this helps too...

------------------

C M Harada

Perspectives Design

Group, ink

Denver, CO