Teigha Library Error

JHEarcht3

Question

VW2013 on Windows 10

Exporting from VW2013 to AutoCad DWG2013. Got "Teigha Library Error" message. Tried 2011-2013 ; 2007-2008-2009, and got same error. Filenames have no forbidden characters. Associated files were copied to the folder, but no DWG file. I don't know what the Teigha Library is. But I haven't had that error before. How could Teigha be "open in another application? I assume it's part of VW2013.

Yeah, I know 2013 is old, but I am too. Long retired, only do a couple of projects a year. Got 17 drawings to export. So any suggestions will be appreciated.

Teigha Error.JPG

3 answers to this question

10 hours ago, JMR said:

Usually this error occurs if the DWG file being exported is open in some DWG viewer application or other CAD application.

Might be worth trying a simpler export path on your local computer (if possible) too.

JMR

Thanks for the reply. But the only app open is VectorWorks. The export path is to a folder within the same project folder as the VA app. Any other ideas????

I assume the Teigha Library in VW2013 is out of date --- even for older versions of DWG (2000). But the Forum indicates that even VW 2018 was having the same error, in 2018. I looked for a "Teigha Library" folder under Vectorworks 2013/Libraries, But found nothing there or in Add-Ons. I even looked at Task Manager to see if Teigha might be running in the background.

Does anybody know how to update a component of VW? I downloaded the File Converter linked below. But I don't want to risk damaging VW, by executing the updater without knowing what it will do.

Upgrading VW to a subscription is not an option, because I'm retired and don't use it enough to cover the cost.

https://www.toptal.com/css/dwgs-teigha-architecture

https://www.opendesign.com/guestfiles/oda_file_converter

https://www.opendesign.com/guestfiles/TeighaFileConverter

Edited by JHEarcht3

@JHEarcht3 I know of at least one other condition that raises this error. If the file you are trying to import is currently selected in any File Explorer window and the 'Preview Pane' is on/visible, that has the same effect as the file being open in another program, because File Explorer is itself a program. 

If you can't find the program that is causing this, you should rule out this possibility categorically before looking at other options, via the following process: 

1. Close all programs. 
  2. Close all windows. 
  3. Restart the computer (not Shutdown). 
  4. Once restarted, ensure no programs - and especially File Explorer windows - have opened automatically. If they have, close them. 
  5. Open Vectorworks and try again.