Door Hardware Sets

Is there a link to a video on creating door hardware sets?  I have created door types with specific door hardware set numbers, but occassionally I need to change some door hardware items, so the hardware set assigned is no longer applicable.  The door schedule will not allow me to modify the hardware set. So - is there a way or must I creat a new door type just for this minor change?  I am really surprised at the very limited info available on door hardware. Any links or suggestions are welcome.

Guest Wes Gardner

@Shortnort door hardware is stored as a symbol...you can create your own and save them in your user folder...the symbol will be in your Resource Browser...you can right-click and Edit 3D Component and then "Save As" for your own custom hardware

Wes

• 8 months later...

After saving your 3D symbol in your 'Door - Hardware' user folder you then need to make a 'Hardware Set': go to 'Manage Hardware...', click on 'Add...', in 'Edit Door Hardware Set' dialog create new Hardware Set using your symbol:

1015019333_Screenshot2023-03-03at18_28_57.png.39ee7f5b9bf55f574ba2b9e6f98ffd70.png

Now this hardware set will appear in the list + you'll be able to use it (probably need to refresh libraries first).

• Like 3