Installing Renderworks v8

debeeld

Renstalling Vectorworks 8.5 and Renderworks from an old computer (Win NT4) to a new computer (Win 2000). Vectorworks reinstalled o.k. via 8.5 CD. But Renderworks doesn't appear to be working or installed correctly? Installation wizard seemed to complete o.k. but didn't ask for serial numbers. 'Renderworks Installed' doesn't appear when Vectorworks is opened. Am I suppose to install Vectorworks 8.0 first, then Renderworks, then Vectorworks 8.5? I assume Renderworks is compatible with Win2000.

I had the EXACT SAME problem when I upgraded from Win98 to Win2000. Several different reinstallations did not correct the error. I was able to correct the problem by editing the registry, and including the serial number for Renderworks at the following address: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Graphsoft\Vectorworks\Registration.

However, I highly recommend that you contact tech support before editing the registry. But I am thoroughly confident that the above remedy will correct the situation.

I suspect it's a bug within the registry structure of Win2000 that caused the error.

• 3 months later...

Same happened to me with win milenium.The RenderWorks installer is running fine, untill finish buton, but after quiting it and running VectorWorks (8.5.1), I've just got the tools,the workplace etc.. Trying to use Render tool give me the message "RenderWorks is not installed".

Will tech support give us some solutions for this problem, please?

I tried working out your magic but faild.

I've created new string value "RW Serial number 1" and enterd my number.

I've created new DWORD value named "RW Serial Number Count" and gave it the HEX value 1.

all of that was done is the location you mentioned, but unfurtunally VectorWorks still doesn't recognize the installed RW (I've got the pallete, the Workspace, the textures etc. but each time I try to use it VW is telling me that RW is needed).

If you can tell me where I'm making the mistake - i'll be thankfull (the presentation dead line is coming close to my neck...)

thanks

Well, you've done everything the exact same way I did. The only difference is that I did not create any new strings or DWORD values, but simply edited the existing ones. But I don't think that should matter.

The other MAJOR difference is that I had this problem with Win2000 and you're having it with WinME. Maybe that's the source of the problem.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. Did you try calling Tech Support?

Good luck.

Jack Fulmer

Even QuickTime didn't solve the problem.

As to this time I tried:

1. uninstalling and reinstalling both RW and VW

2. Fooling with regedit, as jack instructed.

3. reinstalling QT and then reinstalling VW and RW.

4. Deleting all regedit entries of VW, RE and even Diehl graphsoft, uninstalling both, and reinstalling both.

5. e-mailing tech support and getting the advice: check that your RW installer is pointed to the VectorWorks folder, while installing (It did).

After all of that I'm still in the old situation - RW is not asking for serial.

any suggestions other the favorite WIN universe solution - format?

Thanks

Yoav

quote:

Originally posted by yoyo:

Even QuickTime didn't solve the problem.

As to this time I tried:

1. uninstalling and reinstalling both RW and VW

2. Fooling with regedit, as jack instructed.

3. reinstalling QT and then reinstalling VW and RW.

4. Deleting all regedit entries of VW, RE and even Diehl graphsoft, uninstalling both, and reinstalling both.

5. e-mailing tech support and getting the advice: check that your RW installer is pointed to the VectorWorks folder, while installing (It did).

After all of that I'm still in the old situation - RW is not asking for serial.

any suggestions other the favorite WIN universe solution - format?

Thanks

Yoav

When you install RW, hit the browse button in the installer to change the installation directory, and remove the trailing "/". This may sound simple, but in many cases it does solve the problem.