=COBie.'Type'.'Name'

I may have mentioned this before, but this parameter in the COBie Type worksheet 'Type' column seems to be hard-coded to read the Style name, and does not appear to be editable.

Is that intentional?

What if we didn't want the style name to be the Type name and wanted to use a part of the style name, or a completely different value.

Currently our styles adopt BS8541, which is something like

ABC-Family-Type

What if we only wanted 'Type' in the 'Type' column in the COBie Preflight worksheets?

As far as I am aware, and I have taken this to Mr COBie himself, as well as self-appointed UK experts on BIM, and the BS8541 is not a prerequisite of COBie data entry.

Therefore, if we adopt BS8541 for content naming, and we are told to adopt something else for the Type reference, we are unable to do so.

• 8 months later...

Is this style name still hard-coded?

This is causing problems.

Looks at the Dormitory project example files.  They don't use the 'family' name for the Type Name.

I have a Door Type, A-B-C.  I only want to show 'C' in the Type column.  It's unique ID is 'D' so I want the Type Name in the Component table to be 'C' and the Component Name to be 'C-D'.