Shaded view shows strange lines

FBernardo

Question

Hi all,

I have an issue that pops in every day, although every time I restart the file and vw, the file goes back to normal but after a few hours of work it pops in again. This happens both on windows and Mac. 

Version of WV is 2022 SP3.1 (build 646432) 64bits (Mac) windows I forgot to check but it's updated to the last version so I'm guessing the same.

The file resolution was in 240dpi's but then I changed to 72dpi's but still did the same.

Sometimes happens that I work the whole day without this issue shows up, but like today it's showing quite regularly.

Any ideas how to fix this?

When I start orbiting the file shows like this

264421955_Screenshot2022-06-20at10_12_44.png.b8eee556f654bce5267cc2b478392ab5.png

If I zoom in

1655824210_Screenshot2022-06-20at10_13_30.thumb.png.b8b3116cde642c9bcb51cc014f6082aa.png

5 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Hans-Olav said:

It looks like your model is located far from the internal origin, or that some objects are placed far from the model

I had moved the user origin to a different location to be next to OSMAP with georeferencing, but even when the model is next to Origin point this happens, another event is a stuttering off the image when I orbit the model, I think this might have to do with GPU but this Mac is still a good one to work. iMac 32gb ram (DDR4), radeon pro 580 8gb, processor is Intel 4.2 GHz 

Hi,  I dont think its related to computer specs, just when elements are spread over a too large area, all kind of visibility problems arise.

Keeping the origin close to the center of the model usually fix it. Haven't had time to learn georeferencing yet but it has tools to deal with the problem.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Hans-Olav said:

Hi,  I dont think its related to computer specs, just when elements are spread over a too large area, all kind of visibility problems arise.

Keeping the origin close to the center of the model usually fix it. Haven't had time to learn georeferencing yet but it has tools to deal with the problem.

Indeed VW doesn't like when things are too far away, and you can move the internal point to the topographical survey to match and stay close by, in this instance I had only the User origin and not the internal origin, I moved both and Technically should be fixed but still sometimes it shows.