Crashing with OS 9

Bob Wright

Hello Bob,

I believe that Apple has a 9.0.4 updater available on their website. You may want to consider updating to this version of Apple's OS. We also recommend running the latest version of VectorWorks which is release 8.5.2. we have several machines running VectorWorks 8.5.2 on OS 9.0.4 without any hitches.

If you have any other questions, comments, or suggestions, please feel free to contact us at (410) 290-5114 (tel) or (410) 290-8050 (fax).

Respectfully,

Technical Support

Hello Bob,

I believe that Apple has a 9.0.4 updater available on their website. You may want to consider updating to this version of Apple's OS. We also recommend running the latest version of VectorWorks which is release 8.5.2. we have several machines running VectorWorks 8.5.2 on OS 9.0.4 without any hitches.

If you have any other questions, comments, or suggestions, please feel free to contact us at (410) 290-5114 (tel) or (410) 290-8050 (fax).

Respectfully,

Technical Support

• 4 months later...

I too had some problems with releases prior to 9.0.4, but once I updated (knock on wood) to that release, we have not experienced "too many" problems...

One thing of note... I was probably amongst some of the earliest updaters to Mac OS 9.1, and was proud to do so... Maybe a little too proud, as this led to MANY, MANY problems, as soon as I attempted to utilize the newest OS, various apps - most notably Vectorworks (8.5.2.) and its associated programs...

Upon giving OS 9.1 the usual new OS "benefit of the doubt" couple weeks, and coming to a near paranoid shutdown, I have since removed OS 9.1 from all my "productive" machines, and have since not had "too many" problems, freezes, etc...

I am looking forward to the upcoming carbonized version of Vectorworks 9, but with the need to turn a buck with both my computers and its applications, namely Vectorwork Architect and Renderworks, I will tread softly, most likely on a "spare" computer, until I am as much certain that OS X and Nemetscheks latest VW release will work both reliably and productively...

------------------

C M Harada

Perspectives Design

Group, ink

Denver, CO