Why do many of my custom window styles show solid black fills?

It seems that many but not all of the window Styles I've made show with Solid Black fill.

I have all the classes set to <window class> (except Glazing and Transom Glazing) and the window class has a white fill.

This doesn't seem to matter as I've tested this by changing the class fill to magenta or bright green and the window objects fill is still black.

I have rectified this a couple of times, but I have no idea how or what I did that had the window style showing correctly.

Herer is a screen grab of the window style general tab:

image.thumb.png.cb42267d61820420d93fbb5260e1d3da.png

Ant thoughts as to what I have set wrong?

Just now when I put this window in the same wall style in a NEW file - the fill is white.

Even if I set all the classes to magenta fill.

What does controls the window objects fill color if not the class fill setting?

@Tom W.

That 'kinda' fixed it.

I didn't understand those settings until you pointed them out.

Thank you!

I say only 'kinda' fixed it because changing them did NOT update any of the existing windows - ie they all stayed black.

I had actually found those setting and adjusted them before - but adjusting them had no effect on the fill color - so I thought I had not found the answer.

Only after you told me that they were responsible did I delve in.

In the end I had to:

• replace the windows with different window style
  • and then re-replace them back to the updated window style
  • only at that point did the show correctly.

This seems like a couple of steps to many - is there some sort of "force redraw" to force everything to reset to the adjusted settings?

A secondary thank you.

I have been trying to figure out how the 'sills' class, the 'Ceilling-main" class, and the 'nonplot' class kept creating themselves...

Now I know and have cleaned them from my window library.

40 minutes ago, hollister design Studio said:

I say only 'kinda' fixed it because changing them did NOT update any of the existing windows - ie they all stayed black.

If you edit the style + make the attribute parameters By Style rather than By Instance then the changes will affect all the existing windows in the drawing rather than just future ones

42 minutes ago, hollister design Studio said:

I have been trying to figure out how the 'sills' class, the 'Ceilling-main" class, and the 'nonplot' class kept creating themselves...

Now I know and have cleaned them from my window library.

I tend to leave the 'Sills' + 'Ceiling-Main' classes as they are + pretty much ignore them. 'Ceiling-Main' is by default invisible + 'Sills' is by default visible + you can turn the former on + the latter off when creating reflected ceiling plans (which I rarely do). 'NonPlot' is where the 2D Loci are assigned + I find it very useful. I use it myself for 2D Loci in my own symbols etc + have a script to toggle it on + off with a keyboard shortcut, depending on whether I want to see the loci or not (e.g. have them visible when inserting a symbol then turn it off again afterwards).

All three classes are just for controlling visibility.

I just opened the file again to check that these were in fact by style not by instance...

...and the sills are black again.

They were white when I saved and closed the file.

What the heck Vectorworks!

Also my OIP Class selection is 'greyed out' so I can't switch the window object class to see if that has anything to do with it.

Attributes set to "by style" and to <window class>

image.thumb.png.a34a094da64ffa799392be06b3829f5a.png

Here are the class settings - fill is set to solid white

image.thumb.png.6ca5ce788a0e857edc240f954d83d4ab.png

More information.

If I select that window style ('Window Signum 10' case') and put a NEW window in a wall - the Sill is white as expected. 

But all the existing windows that are the same style remain black.

I can use the eyedropper to drop 'active settings' onto the black windows to turn them white.

Again, when I last saved the file all the windows where white fill as expected - when I reopened the file , they all had black fill.