Need good manual/tutorial for Renderworks

Brooklyn

I'm delighted with VW in general, and am mastering Renderworks. But I sorely miss a decent manual and step-by-step guide that takes me through topics like lighting, materials, transparency, etc. The manual that came with the software is very skimpy the farther it goes into the program. Is there any really good third-party manual with examples? I've noticed the CD collection, but really need only the RW item, not the $200+ package.

Any sources or ideas?

Thanks

Ed in Dallas

------------------

Edward M. Baum

Ed

I can relate to your frustration, We've had Renderworks almost since its release and it's been a trial and error process but we finally have a firm understanding of it. The manual only gives the basics of how the program works, not what techniques to use to sucessfully render an image. The best suggestion I can give that has worked for me is using this BB for information. We have several of our renderings posted at www.omniarchitects.com please take a look and If you have any questions I'll try to help if I can.

I do believe that renderworks is an excellent tool for developing renderings. We have been very satisified and feel it has increased our ability to communicate with clients and others. But again it take some tinkering to fiqure it out.

Good luck

Mike Becherer

Omni Architects

Originally posted by MikeB:

Ed

I can relate to your frustration, We've had Renderworks almost since its release and it's been a trial and error process but we finally have a firm understanding of it. The manual only gives the basics of how the program works, not what techniques to use to sucessfully render an image. The best suggestion I can give that has worked for me is using this BB for information. We have several of our renderings posted at www.omniarchitects.com please take a look and If you have any questions I'll try to help if I can.

Thanks for your comments....very helpful. VectorWorks would be almost perfect if the documentation and tutorials were better. That would seem the easiest part of the production of major international professional software. There's a marvelous market for a superb illustrated third party book that begins where the manual leaves off and shows one how to make the program SING. Write one!

Edward M. Baum FAIA

quote:

Originally posted by embarc:

I'm delighted with VW in general, and am mastering Renderworks. But I sorely miss a decent manual and step-by-step guide that takes me through topics like lighting, materials, transparency, etc. The manual that came with the software is very skimpy the farther it goes into the program. Is there any really good third-party manual with examples? I've noticed the CD collection, but really need only the RW item, not the $200+ package.

Any sources or ideas?

The WorksManual has 2 chapters on Rendering, one by D Jansenson on Advanced Presentation Techniques and the other by P Amirault on Advanced 3d & Animation. While neither chapter is meant speifically for RenderWorks, there are a lot of tips & hints specific for the program. You can visit our website for more info at http://www.improbability.com

------------------

Janis Kent, AIA

author WorksTutorial & WorksManual