Preferences 3D Tab - Default 3D view Render Mode / View Projection

Elite Exhibits

Question

Preferences 3D Tab  - Default 3D view Render Mode / View Projection

How do you get the Default 3D view Render Mode / View Projection setting to take effect

Please see attached movie

Mac OS 11.6.5  - MacBook Pro - VW Designer 2022 SP3.1 (646432) 64-bit
Intel i9 / AMD Radeon

¿ What am I missing ?

Suggestions are always appreciated !

Peter

• Like 1

13 answers to this question

I am not seeing that behavior in VW2023SP3 (or any previous version). It is supposed to do what you are expecting and change the projection and render mode to the defaults when you switch from Top/Plan to a 3D view.  

Restart VW?

Restart Computer?

Rename/Move User Folder?

Run the Updater and choose Advanced:Repair?

Uninstall VW and reinstall?

Pat

A new drawing with a simple extrude and the 3D Render Mode ... settings appear to work as expected - Edit an older drawing and ?!#%@?! ...

I gave up on getting it to work - Leave it set to Wireframe & Ortho. My comment above was from last summer on 2022.

New employer and we have backed up to VW/RW Designer 2020 as it is stable.

Based on what was/is happening, there may be two potential issues. Open GL / MacBook Pro or Unified View.

Finding that Unified View causes a remarkable number of anomalies. Items disappear, Items selected, yet invisible - textures missing in edit group mode -  items move while editing a hybrid symbol - rendering different in Open GL compared to Renderworks - etcetera

I keep Unified View Off and only Display Screen Objects Checked - On occasion I needed to turn Unified View On to get things to behave. (Odd as this occurs when only a Single Design Layer is in the file. 

Ref: "What happened to 'Unified View' in v23?"

Peter

Unified View is on by default in VW2023.  If you want to turn it off, you have to temporarily activate the Legacy 2D Features from the Document Preference:Legacy 2D Tab.

VW2023 also had minimized the use of Screen Plane. Screen Plane is still available and if you update a file that uses Screen Plane then Legacy 2D will automatically be turned on.

Just uninstalled and reinstalled v2023SP3.  It still will not set the default 3D view render.  It also did not fix my issue with the Callout Tool text scaling incorrectly.

Also, is there another way to access the "Advanced: Repair" option, because when I click Check for Update, it just says "You're up to date", and no other options.

3 minutes ago, Rolan Castaneda said:

Just uninstalled and reinstalled v2023SP3.  It still will not set the default 3D view render.  It also did not fix my issue with the Callout Tool text scaling incorrectly.

Also, is there another way to access the "Advanced: Repair" option, because when I click Check for Update, it just says "You're up to date", and no other options.

Click on 'Advanced Options +' in the Updater, then you'll see the option for Repair. 

142032196_ScreenShot2023-03-01at4_45_25PM.jpg.13f5238d27523217f5324f9cfe17b94f.jpg

1. Make sure you have your VW Serial number handy, you'll probably need it;
  2. Quit Vw and open the Finder, navigate to Macintosh HD/Users/ [YOUR USER NAME] /Library/Application Support/Vectorworks/.
  3. Inside that folder move or rename the folder named '2023'. If you rename it, name it something like '2023-OLD'. 
  4. Restart Vw and test.
Edited by rDesign
  • Like 1