how to create an the Occupancy type and Code table with the Space tool

I Would like to us the space tool and assign an occupancy type (like A occupancy) then an occupancy load factor (like 15) then a total occupancy base on the s.f. of the space.

I know it can be done,  I'm sure i'm not the only one who needs to do this for code reviews.  why cant vectorworks provide some simple version of this without making me spend hours trying to find the answer.  I end up just manually doing this stuff.

I believe Vectorworks is as good or better than Revit, but dosn't mater if people can easily access the power of the software.   There are some really basic things that every architecture firms needs to do in their documents.  and how to do these things in vectorworks should be as easy as putting a door in a wall

love the new space tool 

love the tags

image.png

• Like 2
Guest Wes Gardner

@mjm I believe in '22 we introduced the ability to have worksheet functions in data tags...that where the "WS" prefix in that string in the data tag function comes from

Wes

Thanks, Wes.  More than likely I will not be able to accomplish this in 2020. When I went into the Define Tag Field, a bunch of gobble-d-goop displayed and without saving, the display showed the same gooble-d-goop.

I have been trying desparately to upgrade to Windows 10, but have had ZERO luck.   An unknown error keeps popping up.  I have researched many sites, done exactly what they suggested, and of course, still no luck.  I have tried downloading the iso file, but when the file is almost completed downloaded, I get a disk fail error saying the disk is too small, yet the 32G flash drive isn't large enough for a 3.5G file... Go figure.

Guess I am stuck in VW2020 for yet a while longer.

Thank you so much for your help.

Thanks, Wes.  More than likely I will not be able to accomplish this in 2020. When I went into the Define Tag Field, a bunch of gobble-d-goop displayed and without saving, the display showed the same gooble-d-goop.

I have been trying desparately to upgrade to Windows 10, but have had ZERO luck.   An unknown error keeps popping up.  I have researched many sites, done exactly what they suggested, and of course, still no luck.  I have tried downloading the iso file, but when the file is almost completed downloaded, I get a disk fail error saying the disk is too small, yet the 32G flash drive isn't large enough for a 3.5G file... Go figure.

Guess I am stuck in VW2020 for yet a while longer.

Thank you so much for your help.

Here is a screen shot of the Define Tag Field:

image.png.0ae224630c69c85ca95998941cf9aaaf.png