VW on iOS

Don Seidel

Question

7 answers to this question

On 6/14/2022 at 11:58 PM, Don Seidel said:

Nomad is not practical. It's past time for an iOS port of VW. M1 iPads have more than enough power and memory

Add iPadOS benefits over base iOS. I'd be willing to pay for another 1/2 license to use on the iPad for users who need access to some but maybe not the full feature set. 

On 6/14/2022 at 9:58 AM, Don Seidel said:

Nomad is not practical. It's past time for an iOS port of VW. M1 iPads have more than enough power and memory

Yes.  Not to trash the Nomad team, but it has a long ways to go to be useful for site work, construction admin, and useful AR compared to the competition. I’ve been hopeful of ipad VWX for a while.  Some thoughts from a while back…

On 6/17/2022 at 1:19 AM, jeff prince said:

Yes.  Not to trash the Nomad team, but it has a long ways to go to be useful for site work, construction admin, and useful AR compared to the competition. I’ve been hopeful of ipad VWX for a while.  Some thoughts from a while back…

If there is something in the works it could be called "Vectorworks - Director" for those who've outgrown their desk bound career as a Designer but don't think going back to paper should be the answer in this day and age. 

• Like 1
On 6/26/2022 at 8:33 PM, Matt Overton said:

If there is something in the works it could be called "Vectorworks - Director" for those who've outgrown their desk bound career as a Designer but don't think going back to paper should be the answer in this day and age. 

I don't think that works either.  Design takes place away from the desk as your responsibilities increase, it doesn't go away...

unless you take on 100% admin roles within an organization.