Hardscape Objects created in Vectorworks Landmark 2021 with Datum set to 'Top of component' have zero thickness in Vectorworks Landmark 2022 and can't be corrected

MethodDesign

Question

I've found that any Hardscape object created in Vectorworks Landmark 2021, which is set to 3D Type: Slab and has the Slab Components Datum set to Top of component (i.e. slab extruded downwards from the Hardscape object's elevation value), has zero thickness when the .vwx file is opened in Vectorworks Landmark 2022, and the Main Area Components and Border Components buttons of that hardscape object (which you'd use to correct/adjust the thickness) don't work in the Object Info Palette or the Hardscape Settings. When the buttons are clicked the usual settings box doesn't appear. 

I suspect this might have something to do with the fact that in VW 2021 the Top of component option causes the 3D slab thickness to be displayed in the OIP as a negative value, whereas in VW 2022 it is displayed as a positive value (despite still being a downward/negative extrusion).

Has anyone else encountered this and found a solution? I've got some big files with large numbers of hardscapes set up this way, many of them inside symbols, and it would be excellent if an update to VW 2022 would allow them to be correctly translated to the new hardscape format, retaining their thickness and the ability to edit them.

• Sad 1

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet