Renderworks lighting

They dont actually change position. What it looks like to me is that they dont change at all. they are a graphic to represent the lights that is independent of the zoom so no matter what they always appear the same size. I've just gotten used to it and the only way to know if your lighting is corret is to render the image anyway. One thing I did find that is usefull is to not display the lights as objects when you render. You do this in the document prefs.

Good luck

You can only set lights on a plan projection view, and then you can chage its height from a side view. They should not move or change their size when you zoom.

I have had best results by giving all lights a particular class so that you can select/modify all of them at the same time. You could also sort them by type of light (spot, directional or point).

The "Layer Ambient" tool is also helpful (View/Lighting...), especially when using it with other sources of light.

• 3 weeks later...

Note, also, that if you often render similarly sized-and illuminated-scenes, you can greatly benefit by making the lights into light symbols. This way, once you have an initial scene set up the way you like it, you can retain each light's settings by converting it into a symbol and using it in subsequent projects. Under the right circumstances this technique can save you a great deal of set-up time, since you would already have a sense of the strength, reach and spread of any particular light.

• 6 months later...

quote:

Originally posted by Danielj1:

Under the right circumstances this technique can save you a great deal of set-up time, since you would already have a sense of the strength, reach and spread of any particular light.

this is brilliant...absolutely brilliant...it has helped me create some exceptionally well designed features for my itchens.

------------------

mark@msnrcd.com

• 3 weeks later...