How Do You Center Internal Origin on Georeferenced File Without Negatively Affecting the Geoimage Alignment

I imported a DWG survey into VW2022 and it automatically detected the georeference data and appears to import everything correctly.  Clicking the geoimage tool also seems to indicate everything is aligned correctly (see red lines overlayed on image appear correct).  

I assume in VW2022 that it is still desirable to have the internal origin close to the center of the project drawing.  If I choose to center the drawing on the internal origin, the drawing and user origin moves to the internal origin, but the geoimage tool no longer aligns to the project.

What is the correct workflow for aligning the internal origin with the drawing center and still keep everything georeferenced and the geoimage tool aligning correctly?  I read the VW help instructions, but can't seem to get the desired result.  

File is attached with the internal origin far away and the geoimage tool working correctly. VW2022 file.

Geoimage aligns with DWG georeferenced import, but internal origin is far away

image.png.a53272588567acb6dd5e57cd861aadef.png

Geoimage does not align with DWG georeferenced import after choosing to center drawing on the internal origin 

image.png.22be12d884b7182b7a1d8635c2e46fb4.png

V_Edit_2022.vwx

Try using the Geolocate Tool in 'Locate' mode to set the location of the Internal Origin relative to your geometry. Then in the 'User Origin' dialog select 'Set User Origin to match the Georeferencing coordinate system' + click OK to reset the rulers.

I set up my Internal Origin a year or so ago in my template file + have never needed to change anything since (as all my work has been within 5km of where I placed it) but when I do what I describe above it works for me

• Like 1