Jump to content
  • 2

Need a way to overide all lineweights in a viewport to one lineweight


The Hamma

Question

I need a way to overide all lineweights in a viewport to one lineweight. The veiwport advanced settings only let you scale lineweight which is good but there are many times that I would like to export a simple line drawing without different lineweights.  Data Visualization should work great for this but it missing the switch to modify linewieghts if you retain original pen.  If there was an option here I could retain linetypes but change lineweights.  

image.png.3fe52cfa5d94eea497bc8ac26a1b4e15.png

  • Like 4
Link to comment

12 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Select the viewport

In the viewport OIP press the "classes" button

Brings up the "viewport class properties" dialogue

Select all the classes in the list in that dialogue, and press "edit" button

Then under graphic attributes>pen>Thickness, set the line weight you want (but don't touch anything else)

That'll overide the pen thickness for all classes viewed in that viewport

 

Does that work?

 

 

Link to comment
  • 0
11 minutes ago, line-weight said:

That'll overide the pen thickness for all classes viewed in that viewport

 

Does that work?

 

One caveat is that this will only affect objects whose lineweight is set to "By Class" (not sure if this will matter to the original poster or not). The nice thing about DV is that it affects ALL objects within the criteria regardless of whether the attributes are set to By Class.

 

 

It does seem like there should be an option to override only the lineweight in the interface screengrabbed above. Not sure why there isn't...

Link to comment
  • 0

For this case a Data Visualization is probably better. Set it up to be All Objects and set the line weight you want. Remember to check the Apply button in the upper left.

 

About the middle of the OIP there is a pull down to select the data visualization to apply to the viewport.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • 0

Hey David,

 

I was able to work around this by stacking a few Data Vis (think you taught me that trick) to achieve:

  • .18 line weight
  • Blue pen dims (otherwise would have been black because of line weight DV)
  • Black fill walls (otherwise would have been white because of line weight DV)

547091249_ScreenShot2022-06-10at9_35_40AM.thumb.png.c8418f1eaadb63dc2fb5388f5eec1f42.png

 

I also discovered the added bonus of stepping down the .25 line weight of the LED ground support symbols when publishing to 8.5x11 for a client's RFQ. They were otherwise solid black filled because of the tiny scale, so it's sort of like setting the LOD.

 

Added bonus of selecting multiple viewports (across multiple sheet layers) to set multiple DV's in one fell swoop is pretty painless.

365826174_ScreenShot2022-06-10at9_39_11AM.png.9102ff492736c2a2f314317186493a7b.png

And, obviously, saving the DV's to my User Folder (or Workgroup Folder in your case) for quick access on all future projects:

1614291368_ScreenShot2022-06-10at9_47_43AM.thumb.png.94c3c831b79b40ff9da635d86f090ce0.png

 

Edited by Mark Aceto
  • Like 2
Link to comment
  • 0
27 minutes ago, Mark Aceto said:

And, obviously, saving the DV's to my User Folder (or Workgroup Folder in your case) for quick access on all future projects:

 

I am finding that when I retrieve saved DVs they don't work. I have to edit them (change the name) + then they do work. Is this just me?

 

177538540_ScreenShot2022-06-10at9_35_40AM.png.d4d555cf071c717170790dea9c8729f4.png

 

I never noticed the stacking order numbers (in brackets) before - cool thanks!

Link to comment
  • 0
1 minute ago, Tom W. said:

I never noticed the stacking order numbers (in brackets) before - cool thanks!

 

I think @The Hammagets the credit for that one.

 

2 minutes ago, Tom W. said:

I am finding that when I retrieve saved DVs they don't work. I have to edit them (change the name) + then they do work. Is this just me?

 

I have also had that happen. My workaround was to reactivate somehow. Check, uncheck, and then recheck or something like that... 

 

I also just ran into a similar bug with the Data Manager functions in my mappings. I had to Insert Function from the picker again one of the mappings (exact same function, character for character) and then all the rest of the mappings were functional again. I submitted a bug report for that one.

 

2090246623_TheITCrowd.gif.944b803f8b0e1c993dfbc577c93ab0f7.gif

Link to comment
  • 0

Yes

49 minutes ago, Mark Aceto said:

Hey David,

 

I was able to work around this by stacking a few Data Vis (think you taught me that trick) to achieve:

  • .18 line weight
  • Blue pen dims (otherwise would have been black because of line weight DV)
  • Black fill walls (otherwise would have been white because of line weight DV)

Yes this was my work around for the time being. LOL

 

  image.png.b7496ae65137532e26630df9b3a5b943.png

 

On 6/9/2022 at 11:05 AM, line-weight said:

Select the viewport

In the viewport OIP press the "classes" button

Brings up the "viewport class properties" dialogue

Select all the classes in the list in that dialogue, and press "edit" button

Then under graphic attributes>pen>Thickness, set the line weight you want (but don't touch anything else)

That'll overide the pen thickness for all classes viewed in that viewport

 

Does that work?

 

And no we don't use by class exclusively enough to use the class overrides to make this work. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...