Updating Position Summary

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

quote:

Originally posted by DBarnes:

OK, now I'm 17 instruments into a beginning plot. Assigned the instruments to the House Left Parapit. Now, I'd like to add the Position Summary to the plot. When I do, the summary doesn't show the instruments counted. Any ideas?

I'm sure it's a small thing I've overlooked. Any Ideas?

Thanks...

Dave

Make sure that your instruments have "House Left Parapit" filled out in their position fields. If you select the instruments you wish to assign and the position to assign them to, the assign to position command will automatically assign the selected instruments to the selected position.

If you don't have a lighting position as part of the selection then you will be asked to enter a position name. If the name you type doesn't exactly match the name you entered for the lighting position then the position summary will not find any instruments on the lighting position.

HTH

Kevin Moore

Product Manager

Nemetschek N.A.

• 6 months later...

Kevin,

In Spotlight 8.5 the Position Summary doesn't keep itself up to date. The only workaround I have found is to select the position, turn off the summary, and then turn it back on. Once it appears it has the latest count information.

There seems to be a major problem with Spotlight constantly trying to update everything (makes working very frustrating) while at the same time not updating information affected by a change.

A screen regen shouldn't be necessary when trying to fill out the Find & Replace form until after the form is executed. The only thing that should be updating is the TOTAL ITEMS count at the bottome of the Find & Replace window.

The Spotlight add-on (in my humble opinion) is utterly useless because it quadruples the amount of time it take for me to get around the drawing, make changes, and move on to the next task.

I have created two plots using Spotlight and have promised myself to never try it again until the next version is made available. It's just too darn frustrating and time consuming.

I hope the workflow and interface improves in Spotlight 9 the same way major strides have been made since the Theatrical Lighting Toolkit when Spotlight 8.5 was made available.

Regards,

Eric Chenault