Creating Reports

Hi all!

I'm having trouble creating reports, please help.

I am creating a custom truss structure and then trying to create a report. In my report, each element of the farm is indicated as a separate element with a quantity of 1, instead of being grouped by name.

What am I doing wrong?

1.thumb.png.9fa68c77a765fb7684766fa994d63837.png2.thumb.png.182dee56f8a72789730f2801f400815f.png

1 hour ago, markdd said:

In column A you need to pull down the little menu arrow and select Summarize Items. That should give you the result you need.

Unfortunately, this method does not summarize the number of elements. Each of the truss elements is displayed as in the amount of 1.

3.thumb.png.e450c8e83babf28cfda45b6cdb480568.png

Edited by BadGoose
12 hours ago, BadGoose said:

Hi all!

I'm having trouble creating reports, please help.

I am creating a custom truss structure and then trying to create a report. In my report, each element of the farm is indicated as a separate element with a quantity of 1, instead of being grouped by name.

What am I doing wrong?

1.thumb.png.9fa68c77a765fb7684766fa994d63837.png2.thumb.png.182dee56f8a72789730f2801f400815f.png

See attached file to reverse engineer from there:

Truss Count.vwx

Screenshot for reference:

443585243_ScreenShot2022-06-05at1_48_16PM.thumb.png.3b2dff522ddab13ead1402a647f64245.png

• Like 1

Change the database criteria in Mark's worksheet to =DATABASE(INVIEWPORT & INOBJECT & INSYMBOL & (PON='TrussItem')).  This will allow you to count TrussItems in Hanging Positions as well.

Additionally, the above criteria will only count truss pieces inserted with the Truss insertion tool.  Truss symbols placed in the document as symbols will not be counted with this criteria specification.

HTH.

• Confused 1

BTW,  It is tempting to use the record "Truss Record" as a criteria in order to pick up symbols.  However, you cannot use "Truss Record" as a criteria in a drawing that has "TrussItem" objects (items inserted with the Truss Insertion tool).  "Truss Item objects have 2 versions of the "Truss Record" attached to them; doubling the number of actual truss pieces.

• Like 2

Has any one got idea how to list trusses by Hanging positions or Truss systems?

I would like to have worksheet like this:

System or Hanging Pos    Symbol            Count

T-1                                      1,5 m truss       3

T-1                                      3m truss          3

T-2                                     2m truss          5

T-3                                     0,25m truss     2

T-3                                    3m truss          2

Now I can only get listing by Truss system which counts all pieces as 1 and not as summarized by symbol.

• 11 months later...
On 6/5/2022 at 7:34 PM, Sam Jones said:

Change the database criteria in Mark's worksheet to =DATABASE(INVIEWPORT & INOBJECT & INSYMBOL & (PON='TrussItem')).  This will allow you to count TrussItems in Hanging Positions as well.

Additionally, the above criteria will only count truss pieces inserted with the Truss insertion tool.  Truss symbols placed in the document as symbols will not be counted with this criteria specification.

HTH.

Hi Sam Jones. 

Can you please explain how to create a worksheet with a count of trusses inside Hanging positions 🙏