NURBS modelling for curb line

I'm experimenting with using NURBS for defining curbs. I'm not in any way experienced in NURBS modelling but have spent some time looking through tutorials. Is there a way to give a NURBS as the one below a constant 1% slope along the line? Or a continuous slope between a +0 elevation in the beginning to a +1 elevation at the end? Or even a 1% downward slope for half of the line and 2% upward for the rest of the length (with a controlled vertical radius at the break point if one could wish 🙂)?

image.thumb.png.3406ec1539ad67eb4d40e507a821f6d3.png

NURBS.vwx

Could you use the Grade tool to set the 1% slope along the distance you need and then from a side view rotate the NURBS curve into place. Alternatively, use the Grade slope geometry to create a Working Plane and then create the NURBS curve with that working plane set as Active.

Cool. One note: the bug I identified over a year ago is still present. See this thread:

After creating the road you need to disable then enable 'Create Pad for Site Model’ in the OIP in order to get it to rise up to meet the 3D Loci.

• Like 2

I tried to create a retaining wall site modifier (red lines below) with the newly created road/curb but it doesn't seem to behave to well over a curved road. It was also created at the wrong level but moving it manually to the correct location was no problem. Anyone had any luck with the retaining wall site modifier with roads?

image.thumb.png.c428eb6e92453138013dfef512eecab6.png