broken windows

Hi all.

I'm new to VW - only bought 1 month ago. After reading this board I installed the 12.0.1 update. The only new thing I noticed is that VW now crashes every time I try to include a lintel with a window. That and the sills have gone crazy. Any clues?

Now I thought that updates were supposed to fix things, not mess them up. Does nobody test this stuff before it's released?.

Geez .. russellhall ... welcome aboard ... enjoyed your 1st official post ... its gotta be a classic ...

Dude ... we're all testing the stuff ... every nanosec of every day...

___

In Bozeman they spell 'construction' without the first 't' ... cus Montana already has one !

Hey, Mike have you read 'Undaunted Courage ' about Lewis & Clark ? It made me want to go hikin' in them thar woods...

___

Hi again

sorry if my last post was a bit abrupt, but my patience was exhausted.

The nature of the problem is: I need to show a soldier course above a window. It seems sensible to create this using a lintel with angle set to 90 degrees. Unfortunately this crashes VW. Using a value of 89 degrees does work, however. Not ideal but I suppose it'll have to do, unless I'm missing something blindingly obvious?

As for the crazy cills, these are the settings I'm using: Sill lip 103, rise 25, depth 50, stool lip 25, stool nose 50.

I get this:

-

Also, I find it odd that when incorporating a cill, the structural opening is not increased to take this into account. It's not a problem as such, just an observation.

Any help or insight would be much appreciated.

I run VWA on 2 PCs: 3.06GHz, 512Ram, 128graphics, Win XP.