wall joins don't appear correctly

Ride

6 hours ago, P Retondo said:

This has always been a problem.  Sometimes the line appears, sometimes it doesn't.  I have never been able to figure it out.

Well that's unfortunate. I've been trying to figure this out for a long time, and now I know I'm not the only one. It makes my drawings look messy with all the extra lines. Is this better in 2022? I'm not using that much these days - even though I have it. It has some weird graphic issues going on with viewports. But that's for another post.

9 hours ago, Tom W. said:

Does using Component Join in T Join Mode get rid of the line?

Ah ha! Yes it does. I have never seen that type of 'join' before. I only tried it on one instance, but it worked. I use simple walls with only one component as I don't need to show wall construction (this is for millwork shop drawings). Could there be something in my wall construction that is making that line persist?

Either way, happy to have a solution for this. It was getting really annoying. Thanks for the help.

Excellent!

58 minutes ago, Ride said:

Could there be something in my wall construction that is making that line persist?

I have no idea. I have two very similar single-component wall styles, one joins with a line which I have to subsequently remove with the Component Join tool, the other one doesn't. 

Wall 1:

1804587909_Screenshot2022-06-03at16_53_36.png.f4bace51810f4f7541181cbcb888e2cf.png

Wall 2:

1656704880_Screenshot2022-06-03at16_53_43.png.2db3c7c39ecf000c5f7336186cfab9ff.png

I can't think what it is about Wall 1 that makes it behave differently. I don't think I have any other walls which do it...

1 minute ago, shorter said:

Do you have components in one wall but not the other?

Yes both wall styles have components but I just realised the offending one didn't have 'Core' checked! When it's given a core it joins properly without a line. 

• Like 3
11 hours ago, Tom W. said:

Yes both wall styles have components but I just realised the offending one didn't have 'Core' checked! When it's given a core it joins properly without a line. 

Yes! This worked for me too. Thank you all. So helpful.