Making a symbol count twice in worksheets?

My base Vectorworks file automatically counts symbols used and complies them into a worksheet based on their record format. Recently, I've run into an issue with angled truss link bars/gates. These symbols are drawn with 2 bars in the symbol to make it easier to draw (I've attached an image to clarify). Rental shops, however, count these items individually, so it causes confusion when we send equipment lists to vendors, as our list shows half as many link bars as we actually need. Is there an easy way to make these symbols count double, either in the record format or in the worksheet?

Capture.PNG

How about a formula for those items of:

= 2 * Count

If you are doing this in a database, it will need to be a separate database that only counts the objects you want doubled.

If you want to use a single database for different kinds of object try attaching a custom Record to all of your objects. For the ones you want counted twice put a value of 2 into the field. For everything else use a default value of 1. Then the formula will become something like:

= Value(MyRecord.MyField) * Count

Where you replace MyRecord and MyField with the record and field names you choose.

16 hours ago, Pat Stanford said:

How about a formula for those items of:

= 2 * Count

If you are doing this in a database, it will need to be a separate database that only counts the objects you want doubled.

If you want to use a single database for different kinds of object try attaching a custom Record to all of your objects. For the ones you want counted twice put a value of 2 into the field. For everything else use a default value of 1. Then the formula will become something like:

= Value(MyRecord.MyField) * Count

Where you replace MyRecord and MyField with the record and field names you choose.

Thanks - the latter suggestion here seems like it will work. Is the proper syntax for calling a record field into a worksheet "RecordName.Fieldname"  ? When I input it like that it isn't calling the value like I expect it to. 

Yes that appears correct.

=RecordName.FieldName should get the value.

Two things.  

1. If the "name" has a space in it it has to be surrounded by single quote.  The quotes won't hurt if there are no spaces but are required if they are there.

='Record Name'.'Field Name'

In VW2022 there are cases where a missing record means that you will get an N/A error in a field. This can be worked around by using an IFNA statement.

=IFNA(Record.Field, 'What to return if there is an NA error')