window rendering disappointments

I'm very sad that I can't really use VW 12.0.1 yet because it can't render the areas around the windows correctly in RW. Also, the dialog box for detailing windows is so big it takes up my whole screen (almost). And I hope VW looks into this major irritation... when I change a window detail (sill, jambs, trim, etc...) with every change the screen has to redraw the RW image. This is very time consuming.... unless I always remember to switch into wireframe before looking at windows. Please see if the window dialog could have a box that says "don't re-render on every change" (until you click "done"). If anyone has good "work-arounds" I'm ready to read it. Another idea... show the window "preview" box in 3D isometric so we could really preview the changes better than the 2D view we have now.

There is a problem rendering the area around the windows and a workaround I use for it. Specify as small a value as you can for the jam thickness. To small a value and your sash and glazing will disappear when rendered. I used .1" which minimized the effect sufficiently, however your plan view will now have very thin jams. I would set the jams to their normal thickness and when your ready to start final renderings change one window and use the eyedropper tool to quickly set this attribute in the same windows elsewhere. As for rendering speed, you need a fast computer, no way around it.