Windows 10 Vectorworks causes no text only icons for explorer folder and all programs

MartinFahrer

Question

Before blaming anything else, I opened, saved, ran and exported all other programs on my PC including Sketchup, Ai, PS and some others. Nothing happened but ewhen I do the following in V works text on screen disapears

Open Vectorworks/ 

open Vectorworks file/

Export DWG/

The save bar goes funky and I can't see text in explorer.  I will attach photos of occurrence this evening can't do a screen capture.

Yes I turned it on and back off again, yes I uninstralled and reinstalled vectorworks.

Attached are machine specs

Windows Spec.JPG

gpu.JPG

8 answers to this question

On 5/27/2022 at 8:45 PM, jeff prince said:

This is a very common Windows problem.  My wife's computer exhibited this when I taxed the poor devil too much.

Except this is a brand new problem and I have been using Vectorworks on this computer for a while.  My computer is not being "Taxed" that is for sure, not with the processor etc I have on board.

3 minutes ago, MartinFahrer said:

Except this is a brand new problem and I have been using Vectorworks on this computer for a while.  My computer is not being "Taxed" that is for sure, not with the processor etc I have on board.

You installed a new video card driver about a month ago according to the images you posted...

This behavior is a well know windows problem...

16 hours ago, jeff prince said:

You installed a new video card driver about a month ago according to the images you posted...

This behavior is a well know windows problem...

Yes but this didn't start a month ago, but two days ago and Vectorworks is a daily used program.  

UPDATE:

@JuanP

Still no solution found.  It is a consistent repeatable error.  I have found out it is only when exporting a sheet layers or multiple sheet layer.  I export too the design layer to DWG works fine.  I also exported as several different file types with out a problem including EPSF and PDF etc.

I am pretty sure that it's not a graphic display driver. 

After uninstalling and reinstalling, as well as downgrading the video driver to the same results.  I used DDU to delete all of my video drivers at go back to "Microsoft basic driver" Still the same results.

Open Vectorworks/ 

open Vectorworks file/

Export DWG as a sheet/.

I also Opened my older copy of Vectorworks 2021. and no issues exporting at all.  

That trouble shooting I'm sure it's a Vectorworks 2022 problem.  I did uninstall and reinstall Vectorworks, importing all my custom settings.  Going to try and do a clean intall with out my settings and see if that works.