Extended number of data elements of circuit graphics

elc

since it is causing me trouble again: may I add another "tiny" future/feature request? 😬

In another post @Nikolay Zhelyazkov mentioned that the circuit description (for arrow circuits) is limited to a select number of data elements for source and end device.

On 3/12/2022 at 2:36 PM, Nikolay Zhelyazkov said:

The circuit can show only some of the device parameters

a bit of context:
in my current case, I am trying to reference the room of a device which is stored in a custom user field instead of having to place every device in a room in the rack elevation view)

unless I missed another option (can't put it in device name or tag):
any chance that these will be extended? not sure, what part of the programming requires a limit, but maybe the user data fields could be added? (where anything could be stored via the data manager)

thanks a lot,

george

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi George,

Let me just read that back to you to check. You want to be able to display the value of any record field from the source/destination socket or device as part of the arrow circuit label - correct?

This doesn't sound unfeasible for a future version but is definitely not possible now. Right now the Circuit can only display its object parameters and any records attached to it or combinations thereof. Some device and socket params are copied into circuit params at the moment for various reasons but I would say it's always best to go back to the source of the data.

Thanks for reaching out.

Conrad

1 hour ago, Conrad Preen said:

Let me just read that back to you to check. You want to be able to display the value of any record field from the source/destination socket or device as part of the arrow circuit label - correct?

hi @Conrad Preen,

yes, exactly. any of the standard record fields or at least the cumstom user fields (1-8). but I was thinking ot the devices (source/destination) only. don't have VW with me right now but I couldn't think of any socket records I would use other then the name itself.

thanks for looking into it,

george