Existing Trees - Graphic Style in Response to Proposed Action

Hi all,

I was recently battling a bit with how my existing trees appear when I choose action such as Remove or Custom. Can I change the way existing trees are displayed in response to different proposed actions? For example, I would like my trees proposed for removal to be red rather than presented with a dashed line. I can't find the way to change the 2D graphics associated with these actions.

Eventually, I used custom fields to be called Custom Action so that I can use these without changing the graphic style automatically and still have the information presented in a tree schedule.

Any other ideas?

52 minutes ago, Michal Zarzecki said:

I would like my trees proposed for removal to be red rather than presented with a dashed line. I can't find the way to change the 2D graphics associated with these actions.

Isn't it just a matter of selecting a different 'Tree Remove' symbol in the '2D Properties' dialog? i.e. create your own 2D symbol with the graphic properties you want then save it in the 'Existing Tree' User folder then it will be available for selection from the symbol selector

As I said create your own symbol with the graphics you want then place it in the Existing Tree user folder then you'll be able to choose it from the selector. You are not restricted to the VW symbols. You can display whatever you want, you just need to put it in the folder first 

• Like 4

Yes once you have the VW ET symbols in your file you can duplicate + edit them (+ assign the geometry to a class if desired) to create the symbols you want. But you then need to save them in a blank VWX file + save this file in the Existing Tree user folder. Then the symbols in this file will be accessible from the '2D Properties' dialog of the Existing Tree tool.

Once you've created your own 'My Existing Tree.vwx' file in the user folder it will be available in the 'User Libraries' section of the Resource Manager meaning you can thereafter easily drag new symbols into it.

Yes I think that prefixing the symbol name '1.', '2.' or '3.' determines which tree-state the symbol will be available for. Whereas if you give it no prefix it will be available for all states.

• Like 2