Hoping for a Font T R A C K I N G fix

blanger

Question

Please Help - My favorite font has had an issue for 2 years and I've finally investigated to find its a problem with tracking not the font!

You can see in the examples that there is a threshold at which the final character in a word clips off when at an angle.  I hope this can be fixed in an upcoming release.  It really depends on the font how quickly you get into trouble. You can see in the attached chart I made that Sign Painter House Script clips at the default 100 tracking which is why I've always had an issue with that font particularly - but the issue can be replicated with many fonts.

THANKS!

Screen Shot 2022-05-19 at 9.29.58 PM.png

2 answers to this question

• Administrator

@blanger Try unchecking Wrap text in the OIP. Do you see any changes? I can replicate the issue at Tracking 90, and I would say that is expected. However, I was not able to replicate the issue at 100. I'm using M1 Max with Vectorworks 2022 SP3.1 macOS Monterey - Could you share your computer specs and Vectorworks version?

• Like 1
7 hours ago, JuanP said:

@blanger Try unchecking Wrap text in the OIP. Do you see any changes? I can replicate the issue at Tracking 90, and I would say that is expected. However, I was not able to replicate the issue at 100. I'm using M1 Max with Vectorworks 2022 SP3.1 macOS Monterey - Could you share your computer specs and Vectorworks version?

HURRAY, it wasn't the Wrap Text setting but your recommendation pointed me towards the WRAP TEXT check box which solved it!!! This is fantastic!

• Like 1