Title Block/Issue Manager

Travis

Is there a way to customize a title block so one or more of the "hot" text blocks don't change to the font selected for the Drawing Border PIO? I'd like to be able to control certain font choices from inside the title block symbol, sort of like the label text blocks.

Also, where is the "Revision" entry box? I don't find it in any of the associated Issue Manager control panels. I'm not referring to the sheet-based revision history (an addition I very much like), but rather to a drawing/global revision that would probably be entered from the Issue Manager and appear on all pages of a drawing set. For now, I'm using "Project Manager" as the revision entry point, and moving the related text block in the symbol.

Finally, if anyone at NNA is noticing: there is no "Date" entry point (or "Revision") for the Custom Title blocks.

Any help much appreciated,

[ 03-20-2006, 10:05 AM: Message edited by: Travis ]

Note: when modifying a Title Block symbol, don't group any text blocks together. . .you'll get a doubling of the text in the final Drawing Border output, despite how it looks in the underlying symbol.

The Sheet Scale doesn't update with either of the US Arch Vert title blocks, but it works fine on the My Custom Title Block. . .where the Date or Revision blocks don't update. This is getting old.

[ 03-20-2006, 11:25 AM: Message edited by: Travis ]

Workaround to my last point above:

Copy a text block that correctly updates from one default Title Block symbol to the one(s) I'm trying to customize. Now the field updates correctly.

Still leaves me wishing for 1) a Revision entry box in Issue Manager and 2) for a way to fix (as in secure) a text block to a specific font from the symbol rather than self-updating based on the font selected for the Drawing Border.

If the text block is set to attributes by class it has one behavior. If the class attributes of the text block are over ridden it has another...

I think that if it is set to attributes by class then it will self update based on the font selected for the drawing border but I might have it backwards.