Line weights and pen colours

TBrown

I set the VW workspace to have a black background and use various colours to distinguish line weights. For example I know if I'm looking at one of my drawings that a yellow (colour #5) is a 15 mil line thickness. Is there a way to have these two criteria - line weight and colour - set up so that when I choose a 15 mil line weight that it automatically draws a yellow line?? I have seen where I could set it up using classes to achieve this but that wouldn't always work the way I intend.

An old way of doing this is Custom Tool/Attrinute - this will create a script on a script pallette that you can run by double clicking on it:

- set the attributes to how you want to draw.

- call up the menu command and select which attributes you wanr to be set.

- name the script created so that you can identify it.

If you want it to activate a particular tool make sure that tool is selected when you call the menu command, and select Tool in the choices.

NOTE: You will need to add Custom Tool/Attribute to your workspace first.

Well....maybe I'm missing something, but what if a certain class has elements in it drawn with various line weights?

For example a plan view of a door and sidelites. I like to have the framing members drawn in a heavy line and the doors swings drawn in a lighter weight.