Draw (selected) beams for certain viewports

Anyone know if it is possible to have only certain 'draw beam' showing on a specific viewport / sheet layer while still showing the other lamps on the plot but not have their focus beam on?

To expand further, I have a drawing with two or three specific focuses, however if I have all the beam on it becomes rather cluttered. Therefore to simplify matters and make the plan easier to read I want to create a specific Sheet Layer / viewport for each focus where only the relevant lamps have their focus beam showing.

Currently the only way I can find to do this, is set the focus beams for the relevant lamps / Sheet Layer, export that as a PDF and then repeat the process for each focus. Apart from being time consuming it also means I am unable to 'Publish' the PDF's as one file.

Thanks in advance.

What you could do is:  

1. Assign all of your lights to a class based on the Focus field (Spolight prefs)
  2. Then turn all the beams on.
  3. Make a viewport as normal
  4. Duplicate it but turn off everything that is not in a specific focus class. 
  5. Stack the viewports on top of each other.

You should only get the beams of the lights that are in the focus class you have left active. 

There wil be some fiddling around with classes etc, but that is the gist of it and should give you the results you are looking for.1232753628_Screenshot2022-05-17at12_12_49.thumb.png.6d8c2d77fba50d34d8c07cc10d649ad5.png

I've attached the file....

Focus beams.vwx

Edited by markdd