Rotate object toward camera

Does anyone know if there is a way to have a 3D object always face toward the camera view, as image props do?

I'm still searching for a way to use realistic 2D photo people in combination with hidden line renderings. (Note: we generally use many people, viewed from many cameras so it's not feasible to manually face them toward each camera. Image props would be great, but they don't show up in hidden line).

Any advice appreciated, thanks!

What about using stacked viewports of the same view duplicated on a sheet layer.  In viewport one you set it to hidden line rendering and the image props of people turned off.  On top of that is viewport two with only the image props turned on and a rendering mode that will show the image props.

Interesting problem.

I doubt it is possible to achieve what you want through viewport & render settings alone, stacked or single viewport.

I hope somebody proves me wrong.

Why do I think that?  Well, it seems your desired outcome is at odds with the Background/foreground rendering modes of a viewport vs the reality of image props existing in fore, middle, and background of a complex scene.  I mocked up the attached example with some quickie RW settings that approach what you are talking about, but with line work slicing up the people 😞  The looks are achieved in a variety of ways within single viewports using different RW styles.  Maybe one of these approaches what you are thinking?  The VWX file is attached should you want to play with it further.

811311096_ScreenShot2022-05-17at8_28_27PM.thumb.png.aba8677aff721d072e4b4049b6e83edd.png

RW experiment.vwx