Record Worksheet Help

I have single symbol that has 4 different records attached. All 4 records have a common field 'Slot ID'. I am trying to put together a worksheet database of all of the objects. The criteria for the database any of the 4 records present.  The column header is currently, ='Type Record'.'Slot ID'. I am looking for help to get all 4 records field 'Slot ID' to populate in 1 column. Is this possible? it feels like it should be but cannot seem to get my head wrapped around it. Any help would be appreciated.

Yes it's possible.  Not sure from your question if

A.  Only one of the 4 record formats will have any data for Slot ID and you want to return just the one that has data

or

B.  2 or more of the record formats will have data and you want to put them all together.

If A is true then you need to do a nested IF/THEN/ELSE statement that can get a little tricky.  Or use a simple worksheet script (much more manageable and readable).

If B is true then you need to concatenate all the records together.  This is done with =CONCAT(something, something else, a third thing)

I'll attach an example of B.  If you need A, post back 🙂 

Whichever method you use, that column will not be usable for 2 way data.  You can't type in a new value in the worksheet for one of the symbols for one of the record formats for a particular symbol and have it change the data.  You will need to keep another worksheet with individual columns for each record format for that.

Record Slot ID.vwx

• Like 1