Scaling text

I have a large stage view that's perfectly scaled but when I go to write text and select 12pt the text is absolutely massive.  I need 0.1pt given the drawing.  I've tried adjusting the scale (without messing up my dimensions) and have had no luck.  What am I missing?  Thanks.  R

I agree with Mark it is probably your Layer Scale.

Text sizes are a fixed real world size. If you draw at 1:1 then for a given point size it will display much larger. That is part of the reason VW has Layer Scales so you can draw at what is close to your output scale and work closer to a WYSIWYG format of seeing the actual layout of fonts at reasonable sizes.  You should be able to change your design layer scale to something closer to your final output scale without effecting the drawing other than making your fonts a more reasonable size.

The below screen shot shows Arial 14 point at 4 different layer scales.  Note that in VW2022 I had to turn on the Legacy 2D options to get layers with different scales to show at the same time.

image.png.265b2a2edd58fc7c19f187a1b986bb66.pngimage.png.fa2f33ebe8cc4497f9b9cdf1622e7388.png