Vectorworks screen freezes

Jen123

Question

Hello,

since yesterday my screen keeps freezing when trying to do a simple task. It seems to be happening in a specific file. I haven't added anything special or big before the problem started.

The rest of my iMac works fine. I can navigate to a different application and do anything I want in safari for example. I can move my cursor but the Vectorworks screen just doesn't do anything. After five minutes it will do all the actions very quickly and work again for a couple minutes before freezing again.

I downloaded the most recent update pack which did not resolve this. I restarted my computer several times as well.

I run on an Imac 2017, BigSur 11.6.4 Vectorworks 2022.

Anyone has a fix for this?

7 answers to this question

Sounds very unusual.

Since you have already done the restart the next two steps in trouble shooting are:

1.  Go to Vectorworks Preferences and click the Reset button in the bottom left. This will keep your serial number but delete all of your other preferences.

2. Create a new user folder. Go to Vectorworks Preferences, User Folder pane. Click the Reveal in Finder button. Quit Vectorworks. Drag the 2022 folder to your desktop and restart VW.  A new User Folder will be created but you will have to reenter your serial number.

HTH

If it helps here is a screen recording of what happens. When there is no movement in the VW screen I'm trying to zoom in and out and try to click things but it doesn't respond. Before starting the screenrecord the screen had been frozen for +- 5 minutes. As you can see it doesn't say not responding in the force quit menu and I can navigate the rest of the Mac easily. After a couple minutes the screen responds again and will do all the actions I tried very quickly.