Varied Class Control in Title Block Across Full Set of Sheets

We use a standard Title Block across all of our sheets, including consultants sheets, so the layout and graphic conventions are the same. We only swap out our logo and license stamp for the consultants'. This makes for a really clean set graphically. An average set might be 80-140 sheets, 50 or more of which are various consultants. Manually placing logos onto to each applicable sheet over ours is not a "dialed in" option, in my opinion.

I can easily add a consultant's name using managed sheet data, but I can't hide my logo and stamp and show theirs instead with visibility class control, like I can in a viewport.  Essentially, I want one title block that has all my consultant's info pre-placed, per consultant class. 

Anyone have a workaround for this? This seems a pretty basic need but searching the interwebs has led me to a dead end on using classes to simplify this.

Thanks

SEA BREEZE A1.01.jpg

37 minutes ago, michaelk said:

I don't think you can do it with classes.  Unless you want to publish all the sheets separately and change class visibilities between publishing.

You might need a duplicate title block with different logos and stamps for each consultant.

Thx for the reply. All true, but then I would be updating managed Project Data and issued set information across 5 or more unique title sheets, unless I can link them all to a data base. Ha. Probably easier to create consultant symbols of information and place them over my logo and stamp once.

It's not currently possible, but something like this would be nice to have.

I'd suggest that it shouldn't be class-based, but rather Symbol-based, sort of like how you can currently choose different North Point symbols within the border's settings.

So in your case, you'd have a Symbol for each consultant in your Resource Manager, each containing everything in that upper block that you've highlighted. Then you'd select the Title Block Border and in the OIP choose which Symbol you want to display.

This functionality could be used for any number of things and would add some great flexibility to the TBB tool. I'm thinking for example of being able to have Drawing Stamps that are actually graphic symbols rather than the current limitation of text only. Or being able to quickly insert a show logo into a title block without having to go into the TB Layout, for example.

• Like 4