Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

and-node loses its function when used in red symbol and shared

STA

Hello good people,

I've created some marionettes for our company to simulate extendable stage legs.

In my file that is being used as a shard favorite for everybody it works fine. As soon as I import it an and-node doesn't give true/false values but only 0.

As soon as I replace the broken one with a fresh and-node everything works as expected.

broke and node.vwx

I don't know how it got corrupted, but both the height DIM node and the AND node are corrupted in the Red symbols.

When I go to the Resource Manager and Edit the Symbol and then select the Marionette and Edit the script, this is what I see.  If I click on all of those little black dots I can get the nodes to display properly.  If I then delete the height DIM node and replace it and disconnect all of the inputs and outputs of the AND node and reconnect them, then the symbols appear to work correctly in this file and another file that I bring it into via the resource browser.

HTH

image.png.1b04fb0ed3ce9fdd55659cb8c3be55f2.png

image.png

This looks like, the symbol was edited last while the design-layer had another layer scale thank the layer scale of the actual active layer.
Normally it helps co activate all, cut (cmd/ctrl. + X) and paste (cmd/ctrl + V). In this case it seems, the code attached to the add-node is broken.

I can correct it as follows:
1. cut and paste

2. Double click and edit "less equal" and "greater equal"

3. Then the wires to the add node desapears and I reconnect again then it works.

I think there is still an issue which can corrupt Marionette scripts. If you insert a red symbol on a design-layer which have a different layer scale than the layer scale was active while the symbol was created.

On 5/11/2022 at 3:03 PM, Marissa Farrell said:

@STA

Which version was this file originally created in, do you know?

I believe it was was 2022 SP3.0.1. Might have been one version before that as well though.

On 5/10/2022 at 11:40 PM, Pat Stanford said:

I don't know how it got corrupted, but both the height DIM node and the AND node are corrupted in the Red symbols.

When I go to the Resource Manager and Edit the Symbol and then select the Marionette and Edit the script, this is what I see.  If I click on all of those little black dots I can get the nodes to display properly.  If I then delete the height DIM node and replace it and disconnect all of the inputs and outputs of the AND node and reconnect them, then the symbols appear to work correctly in this file and another file that I bring it into via the resource browser.

HTH

I don't know how that happened but it is way worse. It's great that you found a solution but it sounds kind of like a weird workaround. I have a couple of these symbols and don't want to resave each and every one.

On 5/11/2022 at 1:21 PM, DomC said:

I think there is still an issue which can corrupt Marionette scripts. If you insert a red symbol on a design-layer which have a different layer scale than the layer scale was active while the symbol was created.

Yes, I believe that this might have been the issue, although at first, all of them worked fine for me.

Maybe SP4 will help. Any new when it will be launched?