Window and Door Tags Resizing Bug?

Daniel s

Question

This has happened in a couple different files. This particular one is in Vectorworks 2021 SP5. several doors and window tags randomly shrink down to miniscule font. If i click on the window and change text size it 'fixes' it. but the issue keeps popping up.

These are all styled windows and doors. I've given the tags in the style a font style with the correct font size to try to fix this globally but nothing seems to correct this issue. if anyone has experienced this or knows a permanent solution let me know. 805789782_ScreenShot2022-05-10at12_27_02PM.png.dedbd42a34567643835129516f76d1f0.png331933001_ScreenShot2022-05-10at12_27_18PM.png.798650c62089cc6b6cc2bae5621ff14f.png

7 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi @Daniel s,

If you're using the built in tags in the Door and Window, set the default font size for the document to what you want before placing them.  You can do this by deselecting all objects in the file, and setting the font and size via the "Text" menu.  You can change the ones that are already placed by selecting them and changing the size in the "Text" menu as well.

Hi @Matt Panzer these are built in tags for doors and windows. They were all placed with correct default font size. They keep randomly shrinking. I've selected them individually several times and resized them from 'text' menu but eventually some of the tags randomly shrink. it has happened several times over the past few months. This is a project share file used by two people. 

3 hours ago, Daniel s said:

Hi @Matt Panzer these are built in tags for doors and windows. They were all placed with correct default font size. They keep randomly shrinking. I've selected them individually several times and resized them from 'text' menu but eventually some of the tags randomly shrink. it has happened several times over the past few months. This is a project share file used by two people. 

Hmm...  I have no idea why that would happen.

I think your best course of action would be to contact tech support or submit via: http://www.vectorworks.net/support/bugsubmit

Hi @Matt Panzer Thanks, I'll reach out to them. Is using Data Tags the preferred way to do window/door tags now? I'm using them for walls but I'm not sure how to make them show up in elevation/section viewports. I can only get them to show up in plan.

I have the tags showing in elevations how I want. Is it possible to replace 'built in' window/door tags with Data Tag tool and still have them show up in 3d correctly. 

Screen Shot 2022-05-12 at 10.44.13 AM.png

1 hour ago, Daniel s said:

Hi @Matt Panzer Thanks, I'll reach out to them. Is using Data Tags the preferred way to do window/door tags now? I'm using them for walls but I'm not sure how to make them show up in elevation/section viewports. I can only get them to show up in plan.

I have the tags showing in elevations how I want. Is it possible to replace 'built in' window/door tags with Data Tag tool and still have them show up in 3d correctly. 

Screen Shot 2022-05-12 at 10.44.13 AM.png

Yes.  Data Tags are now the recommended way to tag doors and windows (and most other objects).

If you're using them in design layers, they will not show up in elevation viewports.  They're generally designed to be placed in viewport annotations.

@Matt Panzer thanks for all the replies. I've put data tags in and it works great. Never realized they could pull data through the sheet viewport as an annotation. works great for section wall/floor tags. 

The only issue that remains is that the wall data tag in section viewports is very slow. It's just pulling the IFC data - Mark. but it often crashes the file if I try to place them in the viewport annotation

Edited by Daniel s