Door PIO as Symbol

RGyori

I've been having difficulty getting a simple door symbol to behave correctly.

Example:

Start with a new document created in VW12.0.1. At a plan scale of 1/4" start with a plain wall drawn at .50 line weight, say 4 3/4" thick. With the door PIO create a simple swing door with 2 1/2" X 1/2" inside and outside trim (the size really doesn't matter) and select "use wall thickness". Insert it in the wall and it behaves as expected and changing line weights via settings>line styles show correctly with the heavier line weight tracing the outside face of the jamb/trim assembly.

Now duplicate the door PIO and change the door into a symbol. When inserted into the wall the symbol is rotated 90? to the wall. If I edit the symbol by changing the x,y & z coordinates at the top of the Object Info Palette to "0" then the symbol will insert correctly. BUT the "use wall thickness" function seems now to be ineffective since the trim does not now lie on the ouside face of the wall. By unchecking the "use wall thickness" and changing the jamb width to match the wall thickness the door symbol will insert correctly but only for walls of the same thickness. Furthermore the line weight of the jamb/trim assembly is screwed up with the heavier line weight following the inside face of the trim, not the outside face as expected.

Sort of defeats the purpose of a symbol in my mind.

Am I missing somthing really basic or is this a known bug?

Thanks!

Bob Gyori

RGA

San Francisco

OS10.4.5/VW12.0.1