Flip Horizontal Bug?

So I discovered Flip Horizontal on devices in ConnectCAD recently which could be incredibly useful in certain situations to save time on relaying out bidirectional ports on Network devices for instance, however it seems to have an issue (Possibly it wasn't intended to be used like this?)

So if I have a simple device symbol in the schematic, USB-C on the left, Ethernet on the right.  I right click and tell it to flip horizontal as I need the Ethernet on the left to clean up my drawing, the text for those ports does indeed flip correctly and display correctly.  However when I connect a cable to what is now the Ethernet on the Left, the cable reads that it is patched to a USB-C port when connected to that device.  Obviously not ideal.  Similarly, but possibly less of an issue, is that when double clicking to edit the symbol, it now goes back to the original symbol definition (Which is understandable, though would be nice to edit it as is I suspect, so maybe the flip operation should create a new symbol _flipped or something similar?)

So am I used this in a way that shouldn't work and wasn't intended, or is this a bug?

Another case where this could come into play, when I have a CTP connected to a network switch on either side of the switch (Bi-Directional ports mean L->R reading isn't quite as critical IMO though obviously there is that argument).  Again flip Horizontal flips the direction of the arrow and only the arrow, which is great, but doesn't change how the connector itself acts (Coming in from the left side of a red arrow no matter which way it faces will always give a '---' on the cable for the connector)

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @Thomas_,

Devices do not really support rotation, mirroring and flipping at this time (not in the smart way). We have some plans to improve this so keep your eyes open for that. As for now, you will have to manually enter the device's layout and reorder the sockets and their orientations in there.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov