12.0.1 problems/ bugs

Jazz Arch

I have a problem with drawing files brought into 12.01. I work on a G-5 mac with the latest software:

I am not able to change windows in walls. The width, elevation and plan wall offsest are all gray and can't be changed. Any other attempts to change anything about windows causes the entire layer to disappear.

I think it has something to do with 3d which I don't use. I may have turned something on by accident.

The problem windows have an extra handle offset from the middle of the wiindow that seems to be something to do with 3d.

I have updated the plug ins restarted the computer and rubbed a chicken bone over the entire computer.

I have maxed out my known voodoo routines.

It also seems I'm not alone since I gave up after being on the tech suport line for over 2 hours.

I've not had any problems the last 6 or so years I've used this software so i'm a bit out of mu depth.

Any ideas would be most gratefully welcome.

El Jeffe

JAZZ ARCH,

I believe you experience the same problem as I did. I opened a file made in VW11 in VW12 and all windows had changed. "Update plug-in objects" does not help.

Somewhere I read this was a bug and in 12.0.1 this bug should be fixed, but - no! I just tried it again and the problem remains.

Also - In 12.0.1 objects like rectangles have got their centrepoint handles back - but I tried the function in a template file made in 12.0 - no success - no handle. But in a new fresh file in 12.0.1 it works.

So I guess we'd better go back to VW11 or make complete new start in 12 and keep your VW11 app to open old files.

Thanks all. This is really great for me to get a response from you if not tech support. I think bonus has it figured out, but the thought of redoing all the windows and doors is mindnumbing. I just don't have time to waste on that crap and I'm too far along now to use an old copy and revert to V10.

Robert,

is there any chance for a magic plug-in bullet soon? Real soon?

I have submitted a typical file to Gunther Miller in hopes he can sort it out but haven't heard anything.

El Jeffe

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

OK, Jazz, I have looked at your document. The problem is simple, both to describe and to fix. You have drawn much of your drawing in the "NonPlot" class. This class is normally hidden and in fact, as of 12.0, the windows and doors (when they refresh) will cause this class to be hidden. (This is because the W&D draw loci in this class for wall-breaking purposes that shouldn't display). SO, all you have to do is change the class of drawn elements into another appropriate class from "Non-Plot" and all will be well.

HTH, Robert