Symbol Data Fields Missing in RM

JBB

Question

Why, in this day of "Data" are no basic dimensions of items included in the Data portion of the "Resource Manager?  For Instance: Search Refrigerators...You get lots and lots of refrigerator symbols. I'm assuming they are created by the product manufacturers.  The best you can do is place a symbol and see if it is Too, Big, Too Small or Just right...Some have size indicators in the title. Some have model numbers which are useless unless you search their catalogs, which by-the-way, probably do not include the models in Vectorworks because they have all new models for selecting... One day I hope to be able to look at the data field and be able to select a refrigerator based on WxDxH which as an architect I would find a basic piece of information. Ask the Architects you have on staff if this is not a good idea.  Whenever a manufacturer provides their symbols, require this basic information! Duh!

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet