Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Get Text Properties from Parent PIO

Hi
You want to attach a Text property on a Marionette Object and then inside the Script ask for the Text Properties attached to the Marionette PIO? I think if a Marionette Object can get some infos from the text menu, it would be possible.

You can handle the Parent PIO, but I do not see, that a Marionette can get some text Infos by the text menu. You could get the class of the Parent PIO and the Text Style of the Class as a workaround maybe. But directly the Text Style I think works not with a Marionette Object Node.

Here An example, if you get the text style of the parent PIO class.
image.thumb.png.5a4e0fe64048879ec5a9d53845f9dd18.png

Side Note:
First Time I use concat node, it seems to convert the input list to a string instead of concat the input strings, which is somehow not what I would expect. It converts the List in a string first ...

TextStyleByPIO_class.vwx

• Like 1

Thank you very much!

I was aware of this method.
But what I wanted to achieve was, as you described not (yet?) possible = to change char Properties with the text settings in the "menu bar"

I dont't like the workaround with the styles (in case of copying the object in different files - i know you could genrate the style inside the network...)
But hey just keep it simple - for now i will sty with "Arial" 🙂

@Marissa Farrell@DomC Keep up your continuous quality posting! Cheers!

• Like 1