Global change to leaf and swing line

michaelcobb

Is there a means of doing a global change to the leaf, and swing line thickness of all the door plug in objects that are already installed in walls?

More generally, is there a means of selecting all of a certain plug in object in the walls (doors or windows) and altering multiple/all instances of that object at once. Changing a global head height or jamb width of window for instance. Do we just have to go through and change this on a case by case basis once we have inserted the object into the wall.

Any help and or guidance is appreciated.

Mike & Heather, you cannot do global changes to windows and doors (this may be corrected in a future release) but you can use the eyedropper tool to copy the attributes of a window or door to any other. This is a quick way to enact multiple changes when you are working with a lot of windows or doors. Make the required changes to a single window, width & height for example, pick up the windows attributes with the eyedropper, switch to the paint can and every window you click will take on the new attributes. Make sure you have the PLUG-IN PARAMETERS box checked in the eyedropper preferences window.

Tad, do you have the ZOOM LINE THICKNESS enabled in the TOOLS/OPTIONS/VW PREFERENCES window. It's under the DISPLAY tab. You may have heavy line weights assigned to your window but you won't see them with this preference turned off. Check the class settings your windows are in also. I had a heck of a time learning VW until I came to a good understanding of their classes.

Windows are in the class "none" (simple plan drawing-just trying to figure this out) with a line weight of .05mils, every part of the window in the view settings has line weights set at .05mils, in a wall with a line weight turned to .05 mils (in case the window took that line weight) and the windows show/print as if the sash depth is solid black or a 2 3/4" inch thick (scaled) line-obviously obscuring any glazing line, and part of inside casing/sill lines are missing (obviously something I tweaked just in frustration of the awful graphical quality I'm seeing).

I just want to pop in some standard windows and go in design development stage-you simply can't do it without all the line weights of any window being effectively unprintable on small scale sheets. I like the ability to tweak the parameters after the design gets further along, and will undoubtedly use that function but so far it is frustrating to say the least.

Tad, try this, turn on Auto Classing in the DOCUMENT SETTINGS/STANDARD NAMING window. This will automatically create a windows class as soon as you build your first window. Turn off the line weights in the window settings under the view tab and pop in your window. Try changing the class settings and see what the effect is on your window in two views, one being a plan view. It sounds like you have the glazing line thickness or some other component set very high in order for other window components to be obscured although you've stated their set at .05 mils. In addition, to cover all your bases, install the latest display driver update for your system. I had rendering problems that were solved by doing this.

Thanks. The original doc had the classes set up (windows/doors etc...) more standardized and I have been paring it down trying to dwelve into this issue, including removing (or ignoring) 3D data. Doesn't turning off or deselecting the line weights in the view tab then invoke the default line weights-which are not working for me?

Hmmm... I just installed a simple window back in the window class-but did need to turn on line weights-and have been able to decrease it down to where it looks fine-so probably did something earlier in a fit of frustration lol

The model document looks great, and I like the increased editable parameters.

I have never installed a display driver update (unless my trusty Mac has done that automatically somehow) so I'll investigate that.

Cheers