Prolyte H40V truss not auto-connecting

My first Vectorworks project requires me to use Prolyte H40V truss to design a grid. The corners will not auto-connect and I cannot create a hanging system. I can with H40D and H30V. 

I also see that there are no box corners for S52 truss in the resource files.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi Drew

12 hours ago, Drew Meldon said:

My first Vectorworks project requires me to use Prolyte H40V truss to design a grid. The corners will not auto-connect and I cannot create a hanging system. I can with H40D and H30V.

I just did a quick check and H40V corners are losing their connection measurement definitions if they are inserted after a straight section, I'll put a bug report in to have it fixed.

In the meantime you can fix the issue yourself, so that you can continue working without waiting for us

insert the corner into your file and then right click on it to open the context menu

select customize truss symbol data to open the Truss properties dialogue (its important to note this is not the same as the truss properties in the OIP shape pane)

in the right hand geometry pane of the dialogue look at the L1, L2, etc fields and make sure these are correctly filled in, the diagram shows what each measurement should be

for example for the H40V-C003 corner (the standard 90° corner) L1, L2 and L3 should have 406mm in them.

hit Ok to confirm the changes and exit the dialogue

Auto-connect will now work correctly

so you don't have to do this again save the updated corner symbol into a favorites, user or workgroup library for future projects.

12 hours ago, Drew Meldon said:

I also see that there are no box corners for S52 truss in the resource files.

Look in the 52V library, It looks like the library folder has a typo in the name. I'll get a bug report in for it.

• Like 1