door schedules

I am used to refering to door elevations from a door schedule, under a colum titles "style". The elevations would be labeled "A", "B", etc.

The "style" column of the door schedule that lists "panel", "glass" etc. is not specific enough.

I would like to be able to assign an attribute to my doors of "A", "B", etc. and then have it show up on the door schedule.

Laura,

It is not that hard. Simply pick one of the attributes in the door features list - say "panel" and as each door is created or later modified, place you "A", "B" "C" in that attribute line. Then in the door schedule rename the column "panel" to style. Voila! Ve haf der door style in a column on the door schedule. In remarks one could point to the location of the "style" views for each type of door.

If you want to use all the defaults for the door schedule and also have a "Style" column you could edit the Door Schedule database and add an item for "Style" with say an autofill default of "A". Doing this before invoking a door schedule spreadsheet will give you another column for styles.

If the door schedule is too large and clumsy you can edit the spreadsheet (delete columns) to reflect only the data columns you want to use.Or change column widths to reflect the data width required.

I hope this helps.

quote:

Originally posted by Laura Fitch:

I am used to refering to door elevations from a door schedule, under a colum titles "style". The elevations would be labeled "A", "B", etc.

The "style" column of the door schedule that lists "panel", "glass" etc. is not specific enough.

I would like to be able to assign an attribute to my doors of "A", "B", etc. and then have it show up on the door schedule.

That's too my preferred style of working with doors and windows. bclydeb's tip is very useful. But now I wonder if there is a short easy way of showing them in elevation, the actual live thing that is.

This sort-of helps. I'm not sure what you mean by door features list. I've been trying to work with the date tab on each door, but it does not include style or panel.

Another question about schedules. Is it possible to have a blank column and then fill in line items on the schedule itself, not going to the plan and clicking on the door each time? Is it possible to correct the door itself (example width) on the schedule and have the plan corrected, or the associated attributes corrected?

quote:

Originally posted by Laura Fitch:

Is it possible to have a blank column and then fill in line items on the schedule itself, not going to the plan and clicking on the door each time? Is it possible to correct the door itself (example width) on the schedule and have the plan corrected, or the associated attributes corrected?

Ahhh... that would be bliss. The next best thing is that you can right-click on the item's schedule number and VWs zooms to the appropriate layer and selects the item for you to edit.