Title block manager - new fields not showing

drmdzh

Question

I'm trying to add a Technical Director field to a title block. In Manage Project Data, I add a new custom field, and make sure Display checkmark is on. When I go back to edit the title block so I can link the field, the text is not showing anywhere on my sheet layer, so I can't link it. I only seem to be able to edit and link text that is already in the title block I was editing.

What step am I missing?

3 answers to this question

You don't have to duplicate a text block, just create text in the font and location you want and then link it to the field.

If this is a TBB style, then click on the Style in the OIP and choose Edit Style. This will open the Title Block Boarder Style dialog box. Choose Title Block in the left column. Click the Edit Title Block Layout button at the bottom.

In the Title Block Editing window create your new placeholder text and select it.

At the bottom of the OIP Set the Data Type to Link Value and then choose your newly created field as the Parameter

image.png.bf8779cee14c8bff4d4673fbd98a8427.png

image.png

• Like 2