DTM border

I've created a DTM and would like to crop the edges of it at the property line, a technique that was easy to accomplish using the "set border" command (prior to v12). I'm assuming there is a new feature that accomplishes the same thing, but I'm unable to find it.

I've created the property line as a site modifier and I have my proposed site model all ready. What do I do now?

David

Thanks EJ, but I don't think we're talking about the same thing. In vw11.5, after making a DTM, you could select a 2D polygon and go to AEC>DTM Processor>Set Border. That would set the class of the polygon to "DTM-border" and would cut the DTM like a cookie cutter the next time it was calculated. I'm trying to do the same thing now in VW12.

• 10 months later...
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

jbrhwy, when you create a site model, the source data used to make that site model is "contained" in it, just like a group. You can use the "Edit group" command to look at and edit your site data at any time, and you can add a 2D poly (or other 2D shape) to it to "crop" the model using the same method (described above.)

Robert

You can edit the text size of the contours by selecting the site model & changing format text, but how do you change the decimal display of the contours & not have fill behind the text? Changing preferences doesn't seem to work. In version 11 this was easy.

Do you use an open pad to create a breakline? I am having difficulty in having them display properly. I normally use HighRoad to create contours & their

breaklines display correctly!

When using the "graphic property" sub-dialog I can not get major & minor contours to have different attributes. The major contours attributes are overridding the minor attributes.

Your images do not display in Safari with Quicktime Plug-in 7.1.3? How do I view images in Imageshack?

Robert

My problem was reading "Major Contour Multiplier" as being major contour intervals, big difference.

Can you set the display of contour labels to whole numbers without changing the document preferences & how is label text spacing display controlled.

Version 12 DTM creation is much quicker, but less control over individual components of the DTM. It would save some frustration if NNA could put together a comparison between the old DTM version (pre 12) & how to achieve control over the components in version 12, ie boundary, text size etc. Also could some explantion be given in how to create contour "breaklines" in Vectorworks